Frequently asked questions

Planning your journey

What do I need to bring with me?

You will need a current, valid driver’s licence, held for a minimum of one year and any necessary International Driving Permit (IDP). If the driver has been disqualified from driving in his/her own country, he/she will not be able to rent a Hertz/Thrifty/Dollar car

Passport and/or ID card. A photocopy is not acceptable.

A credit card, in the name of the renter, to cover the cost of the hire and pre-authorisation amount plus the credit card you booked with (if different). Cards must be in the driver’s name.